Purpose of the Job:
The SAP Application Analyst for Business Intelligence (BI) will be an integral member of the SAP Competence Center that operates in a challenging environment in which we take care of Incidents, Change Requests and Projects.
As part of the BI team the SAP Application Analyst will be responsible and act as 02nd line functional support on the SAP environments which are in place for a diversity of companies in several countries like The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Finland, Ukraine and Romania. The SAP BI environment is built on a SAP BW (Business Warehouse) foundation and the BO (Business Objects) tooling for creation, displaying and presentation of all reports.
The SAP Process Analyst will be based in our office in The Netherlands (Breda) and will be required to travel to company locations from time to time (customer engagement).
- Provide day-to-day re-active and pro-active application support to (internal) customers
- Follow-up on Incidents and Change Requests
- Adhere to standard procedures and policies
- Setup and configuration of the application according to business (improvement) needs – Change Requests
- Participate in new projects in all stages – from blueprint to go-live
- Respect project and documentation standards (end-user, training, testing,)
- Safeguard and promote Template adoption and solutions
- Reliable internal backup for the BI team
- Align with SAP CC colleagues of all streams
- Train and coach Key Users and Process Owners from internal customers
- Align with external Service Providers
Key functional competencies
- Business (process) understanding and analytical capabilities – through working experience
- Expert knowledge of SAP BW, BEx Query Designer and Business Objects frontend tooling (Analysis for Office, Analysis for OLAP, Web Intelligence) through project experience and training curriculum
- General knowledge of data modeling concepts
- Knowledge of Business Objects Data Services as ETL-tool is a plus
- SAP implementation experience as implementation consultant for a minimum of three to five projects